
It seems simple enough. I don't know why it seems simple enough to me and not to everyone else. There seems to be this paralyzing fear that goes along with technology and I can't quite grasp it. Why is it that the thing that keeps springing us forward immobilizes some?
Scenario: I go in to work early. Why? I'm proctoring a test for the next 2 weeks and am responsible for pretty much all aspects of said test. If a student is put in to the system wrong - while it may not be my "fault" - it's my responsibility to fix it. I went in early to make sure that the 7 classes taking tests for the next 3 days were all correct. Every last student... 7 classes of about 22-23 students.
About 4 classes into this project, a co-worker comes and tells me that someone can't log in to their powerschool account (short expl. is it's an educational database). I know from the very deepest part of me that it's one of those immobilizers... something super easy that now takes 10 minutes away from my project that I came in early just to FOCUS on.
And... of course. It's something stupid. "I can't get on the internet." Ok, folks. Internet and Intranet... 2 TOTALLY different things. You don't need to google anything. You need to access our INTRAnet to get on to powerschool. TYPE IN THE FREAKING ADDRESS AND TRY IT FOR GOD'S SAKE!!
Have I explained this before? Yessss.... multiple times. And I'm over it of course. I just wish people would not live life in fear so much. What's the worse that could have happened if she had typed in http://ps.imagineschools.com/ ?? It wouldn't have come up... In which case, a call to me would have been warranted.
Or - another scenario: A teacher calls me and keeps me on the phone for 10 minutes. I have to walk her through how to fill out an online help desk ticket. Quesion one - "Amber, I have that email you sent about the ticket, but it's asking for a password." In my head, "BS!" Out loud- "uhhhhh, did you click the link that is in the email I sent?" Her, "well, noooo." Me, "*sigh* Click the link (fill in name)." Her, "OHHHH." Me, *SMH* Her, "Can you walk me through what these fields mean?" Me *SMH and Sigh* Her, "Do I need to put anything in this field that's asking for a computer service tag number?" Me, "Are you putting a ticket in for a computer or an overhead projector, (fill in name)?" Her, "An overhead." Me (said dripping with sarcasm), "then I'm gonna go with a big N-O."
How does fear inhibit you? Make yourself aware. Today may be your last. Don't let fear stop you from enjoying everything around you. Just LIVE!!
Scenario: I go in to work early. Why? I'm proctoring a test for the next 2 weeks and am responsible for pretty much all aspects of said test. If a student is put in to the system wrong - while it may not be my "fault" - it's my responsibility to fix it. I went in early to make sure that the 7 classes taking tests for the next 3 days were all correct. Every last student... 7 classes of about 22-23 students.
About 4 classes into this project, a co-worker comes and tells me that someone can't log in to their powerschool account (short expl. is it's an educational database). I know from the very deepest part of me that it's one of those immobilizers... something super easy that now takes 10 minutes away from my project that I came in early just to FOCUS on.
And... of course. It's something stupid. "I can't get on the internet." Ok, folks. Internet and Intranet... 2 TOTALLY different things. You don't need to google anything. You need to access our INTRAnet to get on to powerschool. TYPE IN THE FREAKING ADDRESS AND TRY IT FOR GOD'S SAKE!!
Have I explained this before? Yessss.... multiple times. And I'm over it of course. I just wish people would not live life in fear so much. What's the worse that could have happened if she had typed in http://ps.imagineschools.com/ ?? It wouldn't have come up... In which case, a call to me would have been warranted.
Or - another scenario: A teacher calls me and keeps me on the phone for 10 minutes. I have to walk her through how to fill out an online help desk ticket. Quesion one - "Amber, I have that email you sent about the ticket, but it's asking for a password." In my head, "BS!" Out loud- "uhhhhh, did you click the link that is in the email I sent?" Her, "well, noooo." Me, "*sigh* Click the link (fill in name)." Her, "OHHHH." Me, *SMH* Her, "Can you walk me through what these fields mean?" Me *SMH and Sigh* Her, "Do I need to put anything in this field that's asking for a computer service tag number?" Me, "Are you putting a ticket in for a computer or an overhead projector, (fill in name)?" Her, "An overhead." Me (said dripping with sarcasm), "then I'm gonna go with a big N-O."
How does fear inhibit you? Make yourself aware. Today may be your last. Don't let fear stop you from enjoying everything around you. Just LIVE!!
No comments:
Post a Comment